Gmail favorite for Spammers and Hackers- Beware!

Hi friends,
Recently I received a mail from the address: verifyscieces@gmail.com, stating that the gmail database has been in congestion and would like to update their database. Thus they want me to send them my personal details such as password, date of birth, location etc.



Below is the content of the mail:
"Due to congestion in our database system, We have come to realize that your account information on our database system are out of date, as a result of that we require you to verify your Information. Failure to verify your information will result in account suspension. If you are still interested in using our email service, Please click the reply button and fill the below spaces as requested.
User name:
Password:
Birthday:
Location:

Note: This email is only for Gmail users.
Thank you for using Gmail !
The Gmail Team"


This is the first time I am receiving such a mail, in the name of gmail group. What I have understood from my knowledge is that gmail never sends mails asking for your personal data. Thus I marked it as spam.

I request all my readers to be alert and do not provide any personal information in any sites or mails. Have you ever experienced similar problems? Write to us through replies.

0 comments: